San Diego Writers, Ink, offers options for students making their way into the college world. The information below arrived with SDWI's most recent email newsletter. In addition to the link to 10 tips, SDWI's classes of possible interest to writers of all ages and student status are listed.
BEFORE THE INK DRIES
Being a freshman in college can be daunting. Whether you’re an out-of-state-kid or local, college academics can be scary compared to high school classes. This time of transition is a big moment in anyone’s life. There are often many people in a student’s life that will throw out life advice—that’s not what this post is for—you get enough of that from your parents. Here are ten writing tips that can positively impact the college freshman experience.
If you’re still looking for some help to add some flare to your writing, you might want to try one of our upcoming classes:
- 8/14 Overcoming Underearning for Writers and Artists (an online course) with Tia Meredith
- 8/18 The Art of Dialogue: “You Talkin’ to Me?” with Rich Farrell
- 8/24 Self-Publishing for the Bewildered, Confused, or Terrified with Marie Andreas
- 8/25 Vision Board Your Face Off! Fall Edition with Kristen Fogle NEW!!!
- 8/25 Death, Is It Really The Final Stanza? Poem-Making with Jim Moreno
- 9/01 Write that Novel! with Tammy Greenwood
- 9/07 Creative Writing I: Intro to Creative Writing with Judy Reeves
- 9/07 Novel IV: Intermediate Novel with Rich Farrell
- 9/07 Poetry I: Intro to Poetry Writing with Ron Salisbury
- 9/08 Creating Characters in Prose and Poetry with Karen Kenyon
- 9/08 The Four Arc System for Organizing Your Novel with Carolyn Wheat
- 9/14 Memoir V: First Draft Push - How to Integrate all the Skill Sets of Structure, Character Arc, Voice and Scene Writing (and Book Proposal) with Marni Freedman
Click on any of the above classes to get more details and get registered! If you'd like to see a list of all our upcoming classes, please click here.