In 2012, SDWEG introduced The Guilded Pen—First Edition, a compilation of short stories, poems, and imaginative essays by our members. We've been introducing a new edition every year since.
Beginning March 1, 2020, we will accept submissions for the San Diego Writers and Editors Guild 2020 anthology: Strange Happenings: This, That, and The Other Thing: The Guilded Pen, 9th Edition. This is the ninth year that we will publish the short stories, poems, and imaginative essays by our members. The anthology is produced as a fund-raising project for SDWEG, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. All royalties from the sale of the anthologies support the mission of the SDWEG which is to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. All questions should be directed to: Rivkah Sleeth, Managing Editor, at email@example.com
- Submission Period: March 1 through May 30, 2020.
- Deadline for submissions: May 30, 2020.
- Submissions are limited to current SDWEG members.
- If submission has been previously published, author must provide publisher's authorization to reprint the work in the anthology. The copyright for materials published in the anthology remain with the author.
- Submissions are limited to 4500 words in the aggregate per author.
- Poetry cannot exceed 35 lines in length.
- Each submission must fit within the 2020 anthology's theme: Strange Happenings: This, That, and the Other Thing.
- ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS ONLY. NO HARDCOPY submissions will be accepted. DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR WORK IN A PDF FORMAT.
- MICROSOFT WORD IS THE PREFERRED FORMAT FOR SUBMISSIONS. However, other formats that are Microsoft Word compatible and MAC Pages will be accepted. Author’s name and title of the work must be on the first page only. Submissions should be double-spaced (except for poetry). Use margins of one inch. Type font: Times New Roman in 12 point type. Do not include graphics, such as artwork, as we are unable to include those in the published anthology.
- Complete a Publication Agreement to submit with your work.
- Email submission(s) to:
Rivkah Sleeth, Managing Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a printed copy of the submission guidelines, select here.