San Diego Professional Editors Network Program
Romance Writers and Editors
May 16, 2019
On Thursday, May 16, 2019, a distinguished panel of romance writers and editors will share their expertise at the SD/PEN program meeting on how to write—and edit—successfully in this popular genre. Topics will include the rules of specific subgenres, the advantages of following them and why each author might vary from following the rules.
The featured panelists will be
- Jackie Barbosa – Editor and author of historical and contemporary romance novels and short stories. She is a member of Romance Writers of America.
- Bob Boze – Panel moderator and editor/author of contemporary romance and nonfiction. Bob is a member of SD/PEN and serves as Vice President of Programs; he is also a member of the San Diego chapter of Romance Writers of America and the San Diego Writers and Editors Guild.
- Christy Jeffries – Author of contemporary romance for Harlequin’s Special Editions and member of the San Diego chapter of Romance Writers of America.
- Georgie Lee – Author of historical romance for Harlequin Historical and a member of Novelists, Inc.
- Tessa McFionn – Author of paranormal and sci-fi romance and president of the San Diego chapter of Romance Writers of America.
The cost is free to SD/PEN members and only $10.00 for nonmembers. The evening will include snacks and beverages as well as the opportunity to network before and after the presentation.
RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, May 15.
SD/PEN Program Meeting: Romance Writers and Editors Panel
Thursday, May 16, 2019, 6:30-8:30 p.m. (6:30 networking; 7:00 program)
San Diego County Health Services Complex
3851 Rosecrans Street
San Diego, CA 92110
San Diego Professional Editors Network is a nonprofit association of editors, writers, proofreaders, indexers, and other word experts. It serves these professionals and their clients throughout San Diego County and beyond. To learn more about SD/PEN, visit www.sdpen.org.