Only a few days remain until the submission period for San Diego Writers, Ink's A Year in Ink anthology closes. You do not have to be a member of San Diego Writers, Ink to submit, though you must either be a resident of San Diego or have attended one of SDWI's courses in 2020. There is a submission fee for each piece if you are not a member. Check out the submission requirements below.
- Flash Fiction/Nonfiction: Submit up to three pieces. Maximum 1,000 words per flash.
- Poetry: Submit up to three poems, single-spaced. Maximum 35 lines per poem.
- Prose: No more than two entries. Includes fiction, creative nonfiction, memoir and novel excerpts. Double-spaced. Maximum 1,750 words each.
If you choose to submit across all three categories, you will have 8 total submissions.
A Year in Ink follows a blind submission process; authors are not identified until the selection process ends. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME or any identifying information in the file name or body of your submission. Doing so will immediately disqualify you from the blind reading process.
All file names must follow this format when uploaded: Title of Submission – Category (Prose, Poetry, Flash) – Word Count
- Please submit all entries in 12 pt Times New Roman or other generic font.
- All work must be previously unpublished.
- Submit each piece in a separate file. Do NOT put 3 poems into one file and submit as one piece. Your submission will be disqualified.
- Please only submit .doc, .docx, and Google Doc files. PDFs and JPGs will not be accepted.
- File names should be Title of Submission (as it would read in a Table of Contents) – Category (Prose, Poetry, Flash) – Final Word Count Again, no names or identifying information anywhere or you will be disqualified.
- Upload your individual files via this Google Form:
https://forms.gle/JBGLSkXUoBTD5ovv6 (Submissions opened on September 1)
- Pay the reading fees ($5 per submission for Nonmembers): https://secure.sandiegowriters.org/eventReg.jsp?event=12543
OR Become a Member today to waive your fees!
You will be notified if your work has been accepted by the end of the calendar year. Happy writing and best of luck with your submissions!
For more information about Volume 14, A Year in Ink, see SDWI's website.