Jean Forsythe of the San Diego Book Awards presents in March 2018
Join us March 26 to learn about the San Diego Book Awards (SBDA) program from Jean Forsythe, SDBA president since 2015. Jean and members of her SDBA team, Tiffany Vakilian and Aida Dennehey, will update us on the work of the SDBA and its efforts to promote and reward local authors.
Jean Forsythe has won four writing awards including Best Unpublished Novel for Children from the San Diego Book Awards (2007). Since then, she has completed four novels, published several short pieces, and is currently working on a cozy mystery series.
Jean lives in Oceanside with her four kids who, along with her human daughter, Diane, and grandson, Cole, are her biggest inspirations.
Our Marketing Support Group meetings will return in January. The group meets at 5:30 p.m., ahead of our regular meetings, in the same room at the San Diego Health Services Center.
Other speakers lined up for 2018 include:
- April 23 - Henry Herz, children's book author
- May 21 - Elise Capron, Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency
- June 25 - Sandra de Helen, Script teasers
- July 23 - Open Mic Night
- August 27 - Chris Zook and panel of editors
- October 22 - Richard Lederer, launch of The Joy of Names
- November 26 - Anthology launch
- December TBD - holiday party
Watch this page for additional future programs.