The Guild recently received a message from Hometown Reads, an organization that connects readers with local authors throughout the country.
They are looking for local authors who would like to submit an original guest post on their Hometown Authors blog.
Hometown Reads is a community of authors growing and learning together. They would love for you to share your knowledge about your successes and failures in the book marketing world.
Here's how it works:
- Submit an original post about book marketing (500-750 words).
- Provide a 3-4 sentence bio.
- Provide current, high-resolution head shot (1200 x 1500 pixels).
To view a full list of editorial guidelines, click here.
Here are some ideas of content:
- Ways you've collaborated with your hometown's bookstore, library, or other local organization
- The best events you've attended to raise awareness of your title
- What social media you focus on and why
- Things you have learned DON'T work in book marketing
- How to find and engage an audience for your book
- Publishing tips
- Other marketing such as: email, podcasts, YouTube, website presence, etc.
Send us your ideas! All posts should be sent to Jennifer Kuhlman: email@example.com.