Ninth Annual Read an Ebook Week Promotion Kicks off Sunday!
READ AN EBOOK WEEK SALE KICKS OF SUNDAY MARCH 5 - ENROLL NOW
The ninth annual Smashwords Read an Ebook Week promotion kicks off this Sunday March 5 and runs through end of day March 11.
Each year, tens of thousands of Smashwords authors, publishers and readers participate in this global ebook celebration which offers FREE and deep-discounted ebooks.
Authors and Publishers: Enroll now open at https://www.smashwords.com/
Readers: When the promotion goes live on Sunday, you'll find the promotional catalog on the Smashwords home page (or just go to https://www.smashwords.com/
The special home page catalog enables readers to browse by coupon discount and filter by category, bestseller status, word count and multiple other factors. We also note the title's coupon on individual book pages to encourage browsers to become customers.
The sale is being promoted to over one million Smashwords customers. Don't miss out!
Please help spread the word to your fellow readers, authors and publishers. Encourage your favorite authors to add books to the promotion.
Here's a quick checklist to help you get the most out of the Read an Ebook Week event:
- Authors and publishers: Enroll your books at https://www.smashwords.com/
- Visit the Smashwords Read an Ebook Week event page at https://www.smashwords.com/
ebookweekwhere you'll find downloadable images you can share on social media to promote your participation in the event.
- For the story behind Read an Ebook Week, check out the interview with Smashwords author Rita Toews who founded this event 12 years ago, or visit her official event Facebook page
- Every day during the week long sale, celebrate on social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, blog, private mailing lists) that you're participating in the event. Be sure to include a hyperlink to the promotional catalog at https://www.smashwords.com/
books/category/1/newest/1as well as a direct hyperlink to your book or author page.
- Readers: When you discover a great deal, share it with your friends on social media. Be sure to tag the author (find their Twitter and Facebook addresses on their Smashwords author profile page) so they know you appreciate their participation in the promotion.
- Authors and publishers: If you haven't done so already, complete your Smashwords Interview. This is a great chance for you to connect with current and prospective readers on an entirely new level by sharing the story behind the author! Once you complete your interview, share it on social media.
- The official hashtags for the promotion are
This promotion is exclusive to the Smashwords store. It will not impact prices at other retailers. Enjoy!
See Smashwords Blog where much of the above has been posted.