$3000 for under 1000 words
// small. POWERFUL. //
The Masters Review* love of flash fiction runs deep. They are proud now to offer a contest dedicated solely to flash. The winning writer will be awarded $3000 and publication on The Masters Review site. Second and third place will be awarded $200 and $100, respectively, as well as publication in The Masters Review. So here it is: a home for your very best small fiction. Send us big worlds in tiny packages, large ideas with a low word count. Dazzle us with your best fiction under 1000 words.
- Winner receives $3000 and publication
- Second and third place prizes are $200 and $100 respectively
- Stories under 1000 words
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (They are interested in offering a larger platform to new writers. Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a small circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International submissions allowed
- $20 entry fee allows up to two stories – if submitting two stories, please put them both in a SINGLE document.
- Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Please no identifying information on your story
- All stories are considered for publication
- Dazzle us
- Have a question? Check out their FAQ!
Third Place Story:
“The Wheelchair” Mahreen Sohail
The Masters Review will purchase first serial rights for three months after publication, at which point all rights revert back to the author. Any reprints during that time are welcome, we simply ask for permission and acknowledgement.
*The Masters Review is an online and in print publication celebrating new and emerging writers. They are on the lookout for the best new talent with hopes of publishing stories from writers who will continue to produce great work. They offer critical essays, book reviews by debut authors, contest deadlines, submissions info, and interviews with established authors, all with the hopes of bridging the gap between new and established writers.