Thirty-fourth annual Southern California Writers' Conference will be held on Presidents' Day weekend, February 14 through 16, at Crowne Plaza Hanalei.
Related upcoming events
2020-05-09 All day
After successful events in 2015, 2017, and 2019, the San Diego Writing Workshop is back for 2020! Writing Day Workshops is excited to announce The 2020 San Diego Writing Workshop — a full-day “How to Get Published” writing event in San Diego, CA, on May 9, 2020.
This writing event is a wonderful opportunity to get intense instruction over the course of one day, pitch a literary agent or editor (optional), get your questions answered, and more. Note that there are limited seats at the event (175 total). All questions about the event regarding schedule, details and registration are answered below. Thank you for your interest in the 2020 San Diego Writing Workshop!
WHAT IS IT?
This is a special one-day “How to Get Published” writing workshop on Saturday, May 9, 2020, at the Crowne Plaza San Diego. In other words, it’s one day full of classes and advice designed to give you the best instruction concerning how to get your writing & books published. We’ll discuss your publishing opportunities today, how to write queries & pitches, how to market yourself and your books, what makes an agent/editor stop reading your manuscript, and more. No matter what you’re writing — fiction or nonfiction — the day’s classes will help point you in the right direction. Writers of all genres are welcome.
This event is designed to squeeze as much into one day of learning as possible. You can ask any questions you like during the classes, and get your specific concerns addressed. We will have literary agents onsite to give feedback and take pitches from writers, as well. This year’s faculty so far includes:
- literary agent Carlie Webber (Fuse Literary)
- literary agent Greg Johnson (Wordserve Literary)
- literary agent Katherine Wessbecher (Bradford Literary Agency)
- literary agent Jemiscoe Chambers-Black (Corvisiero Literary)
- literary agent Courtney Miller-Callihan (Handspun Literary)
- literary agent Jill Marr (Sandra Dijsktra Literary Agency)
- literary agent Rachel Beck (Liza Dawson Associates)
- literary agent Samantha Bagood (Samantha B Literary)
- literary agent Tara Gilbert (Corvisiero Literary)
- literary agent Annie Bomke (Annie Bomke Literary)
- literary agent Elise Capron (Sandra Dijsktra Literary Agency)
- literary agent Ben Miller-Callihan (Handspun Literary)
- and possibly more to come.
By the end of the day, you will have all the tools you need to move forward on your writing journey. This independent event is organized by coordinator Chuck Sambuchino of Writing Day Workshops, with assistance from a local writing organization, Go Be Write.
EVENT LOCATION & DETAILS
9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday, May 9, 2020, at the Crowne Plaza San Diego, 2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108.
For a detailed list of events during the workshop, see the schedule here.