At the Guild's August Marketing Support Group meeting, Laurie Asher shared a document with 89+ Book Marketing Ideas That Will Increase your web presence.
Below are more of those ideas, some with annotations.
- The @AuthorMedia crew just gave me 89 free book marketing ideas. Watch out world! – click to tweet.
- My sales should spike soon. I’m going to try out some of the book marketing suggestions from @AuthorMedia. – click to tweet.
- 89 Book Marketing Ideas That Will Change Your Life. Try one today! – click to tweet.
- Have you tried any of these marketing tips from @AuthorMedia? They look great! – click to tweet.
- Dang. I needed book marketing ideas and I found 89 of them via @AuthorMedia. – click to tweet.
- If you write books, you should look at this list ASAP. Unless you are my competitor. – click to tweet.
- Need some book marketing ideas? One of these ideas should do the trick! – click to tweet.
Build your brand offline.
65. Write a Press Release.
Don't know how? Do a search for "how to write a press release." Here's a group of templates for press releases from HubSpot for inspiration.
66. Ask to be interviewed by your local paper.
You might want to begin with the small papers.
- Start with UT-Community Press.
- Try East County Californian.
- Or The Coast News Group.
- Or The San Diego Reader.
67. Ask to be interviewed by a paper in the place your book is set.
Do the research.
68. Ask to be interviewed by the local radio host.
Be sure to find one with an audience you want to attract and one with an appropriate format for interviews.
69. Ask to be interviewed on the local morning show (read this article first).
70. Partner with a band that has the same cause as you.
71. Go on a physical book tour.
Used with permission The Write Practice – see more at http://www.authormedia.com/89-book-marketing-ideas-that-will-change-your-life/