February 22 - Amy Collins of The Write Way
Join us at our February 22, 2021 meeting to hear Amy Collins of The Write Way.
Join Zoom Meeting
The February meeting will be Monday, February 22, via Zoom. The Marketing Support Group will meet at 5:30 p.m., followed at 6:30 p.m. by signing in and networking before the membership meeting. A short business meeting will take place at 6:45 p.m. with Amy's presentation beginning at 7 p.m.
Invitations with the Zoom meeting information will be sent to members the week before the meeting. Members are encouraged to invite other writers to join. Feel free to forward the invitation to friends. So long as we are meeting on Zoom, we will not be charging visitors to attend. If you are not a member and wish to receive an invitation, send a message to email@example.com by Friday, January 22.
There will be Marketing Support Group meeting beginning at 5:30. Registration begins at 6:30 p.m. for signing in and informal networking. A short business meeting will begin at 6:45 p.m., and the program follows at 7 p.m.
The regular meeting will be livestreamed to Facebook for another viewing option. The sessions will be available to view later on Facebook.
The Guilded Pen Strange Happenings launched October 26, 2020. To get your copy, order here.
The San Diego City Council also proclaimed October 26 as San Diego Writers and Editors Guild Day, an honor we gratefully acknowledge. We thank Councilmember Mark Kersey for his efforts to bring this issue to the attention of the City Council.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild's Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Marketing Support Group – members are invited to come an hour early on each meeting day in order to join the discussion on marketing tips that work, don't work, or to get advice from other writers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.
* Members Only Discussion Board.
* Monthly newsletter, The Writer's Life.