This opportunity comes with a heftier submission price than most we publicize on the Guild's website. We include it this year in case the submission cost ($75), a business expense, seems worth the potential reward in recognition, prizes, and exposure.
Call for Entries: 2018 Next Generation Indie Book Awards
If you would like to receive greater recognition, monetary prizes, awards and exposure for your books, here is an opportunity not to miss. Enter the 2018 Book Awards here: Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
Calling all indie book authors and publishers - including small presses, mid-size independent publishers, university presses, e-book publishers, and self-published authors who have a book written in English released in 2016, 2017 or 2018 or with a 2016, 2017 or 2018 copyright date to enter the most rewarding book awards program.
It offers over 70 Categories - More than 70 Awards – with over 70 monetary prizes totaling more than $10,000 in cash, including $1,500 cash prizes plus trophies for best fiction book and best non-fiction book, $750 cash prizes plus trophies for second best fiction book and non-fiction book and $500 cash prizes plus trophies for third best fiction book and non-fiction book!
Entry Deadline for the 2018 awards program – February 23, 2018.
The Next Generation Indie Book Awards is the largest NOT-FOR-PROFIT book Awards program for independent authors and publishers and the only book awards program of its kind offering more monetary prizes, more awards, more recognition and more exposure including exposure to a leading Literary Agent for possible representation in areas such as distribution, foreign rights, film rights, and other rights!
Presented by Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group (IBPPG) in conjunction with Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency, the Next Generation Indie Book Awards was established to recognize and honor the top independently published books of the year. IBPPG was formed to provide support and recognition for the independent book publishing profession and we encourage all independent authors and publishers to enter their books in the 2018 Next Generation Indie Book Awards so that they too can earn recognition and receive other benefits from having an award-winning book!
Awards given to the Finalists and Winners of the 2018 Next Generation Indie Book Awards are:
▪ $1,500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the best Fiction Book
▪ $1,500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the best Non-Fiction Book
▪ $750 cash prize and trophy awarded to the second best Fiction Book
▪ $750 cash prize and trophy awarded to the second best Non-Fiction Book
▪ $500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the third best Fiction Book
▪ $500 cash prize and trophy awarded to the third best Non-Fiction Book
▪ $100 Cash Prize and a Gold Medal awarded to the winner of each of the more than 70 categories
▪ Finalist Medals will be awarded to up to four finalists in each of the more than 70 categories
Winners and Finalists will also receive:
▪ An invitation to the gala awards ceremony held at a landmark location in New Orleans in June 2018 (during the American Library Association annual conference).
▪ Exposure for a full year at Next Generation Indie Book Awards as a Winner or Finalist.
▪ All Winners will be listed in the 2018 Next Generation Indie Book Awards Catalog, which will be distributed to thousands of book buyers, media, and others!
▪ The opportunity to display Finalist or Winner gold award stickers on your book.
▪ Other benefits of an award-winning book (such as potential increased revenue).
PLUS, the top 70 books will be sent to be reviewed by New York literary agent Marilyn Allen of Allen O'Shea Literary Agency or one of Ms. Allen's co-agents for possible representation in areas that could generate even more revenue for your book (unless an entrant prefers not to have their book forwarded to the agent). Ms. Allen has over 25 years of sales and marketing experience, including serving as Senior Vice President, Associate Publisher, and Director of Marketing for Harper Collins and directing sales and marketing teams for Simon & Schuster, Penguin Books and Avon Books. Ms. Allen has had the pleasure of working with many best-selling authors including Stephen King, Ken Follett, Barbara Kingsolver, John Gray, Mary Higgins Clark, and many more.
"Independently-published books have become a major source for quality fiction and non-fiction, but often go unrecognized by the mainstream publishing industry," notes Marilyn Allen. "Finally, an award program has been created to recognize talented authors from this important segment of our industry. Our agency represents over 100 authors and we're always looking for new talent, so it is a great pleasure to be part of this program. We look forward to reviewing the works of the 70 best candidates and helping these authors gain the recognition they deserve."
All Finalists and Winners will be notified by late May, 2018.
ENTRY GUIDELINES AND CATEGORIES: For complete entry guidelines AND to see a list of the over 70 categories you can enter go to:
ONLINE ENTRY FORM: To enter online now go to:
We wish you much success with your book!
Next Generation Indie Book Awards
Independent Book Publishing Professionals Group