Hootsuite, a social media management system for brand management created in 2008, provides tips on successful marketing as part of its own campaign to market its services to companies. A recent post on their blog included lessons from five successful marketing campaigns that used videos, both on TV and YouTube, to market their products. While the products were goods and services, not books, the lessons are applicable for authors in social media marketing campaigns as well.
The ten lessons are as follows:
- Ignore conventional marketing. Instead be memorable.
- Make your audience a part of the campaign.
- Distinguish your brand from the competition.
- Know your audience and cater ads to their interests.
- Use humor.
- Take risks.
- Play to people’s emotions.
- Don’t be afraid to put your product on the sidelines.
- Support a meaningful cause and share it with your audience.
- Try to start a movement with your brand at the center of it.
For the whole story, read here.