We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same since 1979. Please join us at our regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Guests are welcome to attend. A $5 donation is requested.
Lee Wind of Independent Book Publishers Association in February 2018
How do you get your book noticed in a sea of books? Learn how to leverage your book's themes, conversations, and your own passionate authenticity to target and engage your audiences. Do it right, and you're not selling them, you're engaging them about your shared interests and passion... and that gets your book discovered!
Please join Lee Wind, Director of Marketing and Programming for the Independent Book Publishers Association, in this hands-on exploration of your goals and the levers and tools to achieve them. The outcome? You'll walk away with some insight, inspiration, and a not-overwhelming to-do list of what you want to tackle first in terms of marketing your book.
Lee Wind is the Director of Marketing and Programming for the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA). A Children's/YA author and book blogger himself, Lee is passionate about empowering others to have their voices heard, and he's looking forward to meeting members of the San Diego Writers and Editors Guild.
Our Marketing Support Group meetings will return in January. The group meets at 5:30 p.m., ahead of our regular meetings, in the same room at the San Diego Health Services Center.
We meet at the San Diego County Health Services Center, 3851 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92110.
Note: The Marketing Support Group will meet at 5:30 p.m., before the regular meeting. Anyone interested in sharing or learning about marketing tips is welcome to attend.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Speakers Bureau – professionals are available for presentations to groups in San Diego County. Topics include creative and non-fiction writing and marketing published work.
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild's Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Marketing Support Group – members are invited to come an hour early on each meeting day in order to join the discussion on marketing tips that work, don't work, or to get advice from other writers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.
* Monthly newsletter, The Writer's Life.