We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same since 1979. Please join us at our regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Guests are welcome to attend. A $5 donation is requested.
SEPTEMBER SPEAKER: GREGORY FOURNIER
Our Speaker in September, Gregory A. Fournier, will speak about his experience writing the true story of the Ypsilanti serial killer.
Fournier received his bachelor and master’s degrees from Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti while the Washtenaw County murders were occurring. He lived one block up the street from John Norman Collins and had several unpleasant brushes with him. Like so many other people in Ypsilanti, it was not until Collins was arrested and his photograph ran on the front pages that Greg could link a name with the face. He has first-hand knowledge of the Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area and many of the people associated with these cases.
For more information about the speaker, see our Meetings/Programs page.
We meet at the San Diego County Health Services Center, 3851 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92110.
A Marketing Support Group meets at 5:30 p.m., before the regular meeting. Anyone interested in sharing or learning about marketing tips is welcome to attend.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Speakers Bureau – professionals are available for presentations to groups in San Diego County. Topics include creative and non-fiction writing and marketing published work.
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild’s Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Marketing Support Group – members are invited to come an hour early on each meeting day in order to join the discussion on marketing tips that work, don’t work, or to get advice from other writers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.
* Monthly newsletter, The Writer’s Life.