We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same since 1979. Please join us at our regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Guests are welcome to attend. When we meet in person, guests are charged $5. So long as we are unable to hold our meetings in person, guests are welcome to participate at no cost.
The Guilded Pen Strange Happenings launched October 26, 2020. To get your copy, order here.
The San Diego City Council also proclaimed October 26 as San Diego Writers and Editors Guild Day, an honor we gratefully acknowledge. We thank Councilmember Mark Kersey for his efforts to bring this issue to the attention of the City Council.
Our next meeting will be Monday, November 23, at which time we will present something special. Watch this space for more details.
The invitation with the Zoom address will be sent to all members the week before the meeting. Guests who wish to attend should send a message to email@example.com by Friday, November 20, to request an invitation for the November meeting.
We begin each monthly meeting with an optional Marketing Support Group meeting at 5:30 p.m. The same Zoom session will continue for the regular meeting, which begins at 6:30 p.m. for signing in and informal networking. A short business meeting will begin at 6:45 p.m., and the program follows at 7 p.m.
Both the Marketing Support Group meeting and the regular meeting will be livestreamed to Facebook for another viewing option. The sessions will be available to view later on Facebook.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild's Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Marketing Support Group – members are invited to come an hour early on each meeting day in order to join the discussion on marketing tips that work, don't work, or to get advice from other writers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.
* Members Only Discussion Board.
* Monthly newsletter, The Writer's Life.