We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same since 1979. Please join us at our regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Guests are welcome to attend. Guests are charged $5.
March Meeting: Cancelled from an Abundance of Caution for Health of Attendees
We expect to continue with our regular meetings in April. Members who signed up to read at the March Open Mike Night will be rescheduled for our July meeting.
Our usual meeting venue is the San Diego County Health Services Center at 3851 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA. Registration for the meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. followed by the presentation at 7 p.m. We are exploring options to hold online meetings using Zoom throughout the time of enforced social distancing.
Guild members are also invited to take part in a Marketing Support Group which meets at 5:30 p.m. at the same location, either in the Harbor Room, across the hall from our usual meeting room, or in the same room. We hope to hold these meetings using Zoom as well until we are able to resume in-person meetings. Due to its popularity, we have had to limit the Marketing Support meeting to Guild members.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild's Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Marketing Support Group – members are invited to come an hour early on each meeting day in order to join the discussion on marketing tips that work, don't work, or to get advice from other writers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.
* Members Only Discussion Board.
* Monthly newsletter, The Writer's Life.