We are a group of writers and editors dedicated to improving our skills and helping others do the same since 1979. Please join us at our regular meetings on the fourth Monday of each month. Guests are welcome to attend. A $5 donation is requested.
Holiday Potluck Party December 17
The Guild will hold its annual holiday potluck party on Monday, December 17, at the usual time and place for members and their invited guests. Note that this is the third Monday in December, a deviation from our usual meeting date, the fourth Monday of the month, which in December this year falls on Christmas Eve.
Members are invited to bring finger food to share as we gather together to celebrate the holiday season. A special door prize will be given away--a one year subscription to best-selling author Jerry Jenkins's Writers Guild, a writer's coaching service that includes the following:
- Intensive live online writing workshops with tips you can immediately apply to your writing
- Interviews with top writing and publishing experts who reveal inside information
- Live Q&A with me where you can ask me anything
- A private community where you can connect and interact with fellow writers
Mr. Jenkins has extended this offer in exchange for the Guild's inclusion of his list of 30 free writing contests on our Resources for Writers page.
Join us on December 17 for an evening of celebration. We meet at the San Diego County Health Services Center, 3851 Rosecrans, San Diego, CA 92110.
Please note: The Marketing Support Group will not meet in December. Those meetings, for members only, will resume in January.
. . . to promote, support, and encourage the writing art for adults and youth. The anthology is a fund-raising project with all proceeds helping the Guild continue in that effort. A collaborative partner in the larger San Diego writing community since 1979.
Some of our outreach projects include:
* Speakers Bureau – professionals are available for presentations to groups in San Diego County. Topics include creative and non-fiction writing and marketing published work.
* Manuscript Review – members may submit up to 30 pages of a novel, short fiction or memoir for evaluation/critique by the Guild's Recommendation Committee. An SDWEG rating is assigned which can be used when contacting agents, editors, and publishers.
* Marketing Support Group – members are invited to come an hour early on each meeting day in order to join the discussion on marketing tips that work, don't work, or to get advice from other writers.
* Online references and resources for writers on our website.
* Monthly meetings with guest speakers addressing timely topics on writing/publishing.
* Monthly newsletter, The Writer's Life.